Meeting local community needs: The cases of iron ore…

This study compares contrasting models of how community concerns are addressed in two mining districts: in Sweden, a welfare state setting

[Chat Online Or Get Price...]

Show Mines of Sweden: Malmberget Iron…

Malmberget Iron Mine Sweden Show Mines showcaves.com.

Arctic city of Kiruna to be dismantled and rebuilt - CNN -…

A nearby iron ore mine -- Kiruna's main source of income and . the local church, which was voted the most beautiful building in Sweden 2001.

Kiruna: The Sinking Mine Town of Sweden's…

Things to do in Kiruna, Sweden, a mining town in Swedish Lapland The LKAB mine is the largest underground iron ore mine in the world.

The reindeer herders battling an iron ore mine in…

Britain's Beowulf mining firm hopes to open an iron ore mine in Sweden, but many local reindeer herders say this would destroy their

Category:Iron mines in Sweden - Wikipedia

Pages in category "Iron mines in Sweden". The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).

LKAB - LKAB

One of Sweden's oldest industrial companies, LKAB is wholly owned by the LKAB's core business is the mining and processing of iron ore for the steel

Kiruna mine tour, Kiruna – Routes North

There are several big iron reserves in northern Sweden (Malmberget, the world's second-biggest iron ore mine, is just outside Gällivare) and

Kallak : Beowulf Mining plc

Discovered in the 1940s, the Kallak magnetite iron ore deposit is located about 40 Beowulf continues to engage with the Mining Inspectorate of Sweden, the

LKAB's Visitor Centre (Kiruna, Sweden): Top Tips…

Come along to the world's largest underground iron-ore mine. We go by bus directly from the Tourist Center into the mountain and down to the show mine

Västanå Iron Mine (Westanå Mine), Näsum,…

Västanå Iron Mine (Westanå Mine), Näsum, Bromölla, Skåne, Sweden : Small iron mine, active from 1804 to 1916. The ore consisted of specular hematite in

Malmberget Iron Ore Mine, Sweden -…

LKAB's Malmberget (ore mountain) iron ore mine, located at Gällivare, 75km from Kiruna, contains 20 orebodies spread over an underground area of about 5 by

Forced displacement in Sweden: When a mine…

Kiruna is home to the world's largest underground iron ore mine. The old church, voted Sweden's most beautiful building in 2001, will be

Kiruna iron mine in Sweden - Lemminkäinen

Swedish LKAB is Europe's leading producer of iron ore. Kiruna mine in northern Sweden is the world's largest underground iron ore mine. The mine employs 2

Swedish iron ore miner Northland Resources goes -…

The Oslo-listed company, which employs over 800 people at its northern Sweden iron ore mine, had been have been trying to attract

A thousand years of high-tech development - Mining for…

During Sweden's reign in the 1600s, Falun Mine accounted for 2/3 of the world's copper production, and by the mid s, iron made up about 70% of Sweden's

The Audacious, Complicated Plan to Move a Swedish Mining…

The citizens of Kiruna, Sweden, always knew they'd have to move to accommodate the local iron-ore mine. They just didn't expect it to happen

Kiruna: The Swedish town which must move or disappear into the…

A mining town in Sweden has been forced to make a tough and on a snow covered road as the iron mine of Swedish state-owned mining

The Mineral Industry of Sweden in 2012 - USGS Mineral…

In 2012, Sweden was among the most active mining countries in Europe. Sweden was the leading producer of iron ore in the European Union (EU), and it was

Why Sweden? - Talga Resources

Sweden is not only a country with a long established mining history, but due to mines the world class 2Bt+ Kiruna iron ore deposit and is the largest iron ore

Lung cancer risk and radon exposure in a cohort of iron ore…

We have studied the dose response-relationship in a Swedish iron ore mine Exposure/adverse effects*; Radon/toxicity*; Risk Factors; Sweden/epidemiology

A New Era of Exploitation? Mining Sami Lands in…

In this remote corner of Sweden above the Arctic Circle, a battle line has been drawn over the proposed Kallak iron mine, pitting environmentalists and the

Gállok/Kallak Iron Mine, Sweden | EJAtlas

Mapping ecological conflicts and spaces of resistance.

Kiruna Iron Ore Mine - Mining…

Location. Northern Sweden . Iron Ore Mine, Australia. Solomon Hub open-cut iron ore mine is located around 60km north of Tom Price in Western Australia.

Inside Sweden's Plan to Move Mining Town…

Sweden's Radical Plan to Move an Entire City The city center sat on top of the world's largest iron mine, and high demand for the material

The history of Swedish steel industry - Jernkontoret

It was also at that time that German mine owners and merchants acquired the In the 14th century, about half of Sweden's iron production was

Kiruna Iron Mine : Image of the Day - NASA Earth…

The largest underground iron ore mine in the world has been in operation Sweden, the biggest iron producer in Europe, owes its reserves to

Drilling in LKAB iron ore mines in Sweden -…

Drilling with Wassara in LKAB's underground iron ore mines in Sweden. The automatic drilling process is monitored from a remote control room

Kiruna Mine, Sweden

underground iron ore mine. Since exploitation began at the site over 100 years ago, LKAB has produced over 950 mil- lion tons of ore, yet only one third of the

Grängesberg Iron AB - Home

Grängesberg Iron AB was formed in late 2007 with a main focus on developing iron ore projects in Sweden, mainly the closed-down iron ore mine in